Besides working as an English teacher, I am also a translator with years of experience in translating texts of various subject areas from various clients, well, so to speak. The following list represents the major projects I completed for the last couple of years.
- Translation for www.unpad.ac.id (translation sample 1) (translation sample 2)
- Buku Koleksi Perangko Indonesia Tahun 2012/2012’s Indonesian Stamp Collection Book of PT. Pos Indonesia
- 2013’s Annual Report of PT. KAI (Kereta Api Indonesia/Indonesian Locomotive Company)
- Company Profile – MGM Consulting
- Journal Article (Subject: Accounting, Economics) – Pengembangan Sistem Akuntansi Terintegrasi Menggunakan Pendekatan Resource Event-Agent/Development of An Integrated Accounting System by Resource-Event-Agent Approach
- Journal Article (Subject: Education, Language, Culture) – Implementasi Nilai-Nilai Kepemimpinan Sunda dalam Kepemimpinan Pendidikan/Implementation of Sundanese Leadership Values in Education Management
- Journal Article (Subject: Literature, Literary Studies, Culture) – Kelisanan sebagai Representasi Kegilaan dalam Puisi “Howl” karya Allen Ginsberg/Orality as The Representation of Madness in The Poem “Howl” by Allen Ginsberg
- Journal Article (Subject: Education, Language, Culture) – Muatan Nilai-nilai Lokal Sunda dalam Mata Kuliah Bahasa Indonesia sebagai Model Pengembangan Kepribadian Mahasiswa/Sundanese Local Wisdom in Teaching Indonesian Language as Student Personality Development Model
The article is about a discussion on domestic violence organized by Unpad and Univerisiti Terengganu in commemorating United Nation’s International Day in Support of Victims of Torture. In the source language, it is originally entitiled Unpad dan Universiti Malaysia Terengganu Berbagi Pengalaman Upaya Hapus KDRT. The English translation is entitiled Universitas Padjadjaran and Universiti Malaysia Terengganu shares experiences in Domestic Violence Elimination Act.
The article is about the 5th International Conference of The Asian Academy Of Applied Business organized by Universitas Padjadjaran in cooperation with Universiti Malaysia Sabah. The English translation can be found here.
This one is one of my favorites because the original text in Indonesian contains some archaic Sundanese vocabularies, which I found challenging to translate to English. I speak Sundanese a little bit, though it’s not mother tongue. The text itself is about the implementation of Sundanese traditional values in school and was written by the author to be published in an international journal as a prerequisite for his dissertation defense. It is basically a condensed version of a dissertation.